This is an online course for people who feel stuck in their career – because they don’t know what they want or because they’re scared shitless to go after it.
Yeah. Welcome to the club.
- You’re stuck. You’ve tried to nail down your career calling a bajillion times and it’s massively frustrating.
- The career courses, tools and books you’ve tried are a corporate jargony snooze-fest. Ew.
- You are seriously going to lose your shit if you have to take one more unhelpful career personality test.
- Your stress has you at the end of your rope. You fluctuate between panicked anxiety and stabby rage.
- You can’t put your finger on it, but you have this nagging feeling that something more is out there.
That nagging feeling is right, by the way. There is something more. We’re going to find out what it is and then go get it. Sound good?
Be Your Own Career Coach is an online course with an unconventional and, dare I say, FUN approach to discovering your career calling.
It’s where playtime meets getting shit done.
It’s where introspection meets action.
It’s a shot of encouragement, a kick in the pants and a loving push.
Most importantly, it will take you from I don’t know and I can’t to Outta my way, suckers!
- You are not crazy for feeling lost. Career navigation is largely an intuitive process, not a rational one. And that’s damn scary to admit.
- You already know more than you think you do. This is about getting comfortable with your desire and reconnecting with the things you already know.
- Your career calling doesn’t have to be just one thing. You do not have to pick a box. Boxes are uncomfortable. Bust out.
- Feeling fear is natural. That includes money fear, fear of uncertainty, fear of failure, all of it. None of it has to stop you from going after what you want.
This is a flexible online course, so how you do this is totally up to you. You can…
Sip it slowly like your first pumpkin spice latte of the season.
Get comfy and take your time. You can do one short section every day and complete it in two weeks without breaking a sweat. Easy peasy. Or if you like to go big or go home you may want to…
Mainline it like your Monday morning coffee.
Lock yourself in for a weekend (or even an epic Sunday) and wolf down the whole damn shebang in big hungry gulps.
Either way, brew up a big ol’ cuppa joe or a pot of your favourite herbal tea. This is career navigation that you can do in your jammies. #WIN
This course is full of the straight-talking tough love you need to get clear and move into action.
It will help you work through the paralyzing fears so that you can get closer to what you want.
It ain’t what you learned from your guidance counsellor or from any aptitude or leadership assessment. We’re going to take an unconventional and creative approach.
It’s fun-loving and deeply introspective, with a side of sassy snark. Think Kate Spade meets Super Soul Sunday meets Mr. T. And, really, how can you pass that up?!
Here’s what you get…
Be Your Own Career Coach is an online course that has:
- 2 parts – one to help you get clear on what you want, and the other to help you move through your fear.
- 15 sections with videos and interactive workbooks that will help you figure out what you want and how to muster the guts to go get it.
- 100+ pages of soul searching, ass kicking, fire igniting, leap taking, career aha moments. Plus a kick in the pants to take action.
- 24/7 access with digital delivery you can slurp up at your own pace.
- And it’s all wrapped up in a delicious digital package that includes videos, workbooks, and a course tracker so you can see the transformation unfold.
That’s 2 parts, 15 sections, and 100+ interactive pages of soul searching, fear busting, leap taking, boot shaking, holy-shit-I-can’t-believe-I’m-actually-going-to-do-this career navigation gold.
I’m Sarah Vermunt, the gal behind Careergasm. I help people create feel-good work. People dig what I’m cookin’ at Careergasm and my work has been featured at Forbes, Huff Post, Entrepreneur, Flare, Toronto Star and The Globe and Mail.
I also know what it’s like to feel stuck and (more importantly) get un-stuck. I’ve made some pretty badass career moves of my own:
* After graduation I snagged a job in a totally unrelated field. Nailed it.
* I quit a stable gig with awesome pay, benefits, and pension to take a chance on something new.
* I quit my PhD after 4 years and 93 pages into my dissertation. Ballsy.
* I left a six-figure career track to take a risk on building my own biz. Spoiler alert: It paid off.
Through all of this I’ve been scared shitless, but did it anyway. You can too.
“Brilliant, motivating and inspiring! I have been working through Careergasm’s online career course and I have never been more on fire! It has fuelled my passion in every sense of the way. The language and the homework completely speaks to my soul. Sarah has created a DIY package that guarantees clarity, inspiration and motivation to truly find your passion and purpose. If you are looking for answers and are willing to climb inside of yourself to find them, DO THIS!”
Lisa Greig – social worker (future business owner)
“This course made me realize those nebulous yearnings I had always ignored because I didn’t think they were ‘a real job’ were actually my true calling and what would make me happy in my life. It also made me look at goals in a different manner. Instead of having to be everything or nothing I started to understand that I could start small and build up to the point where I could leave the ‘real job’ I hated and make my dream a reality.”
Lawrie Melton – quality systems project coordinator (future artist)
Your course is so amazing! The videos, the content, I love it all. Thank-you so much!
Lu-Anne Da Costa – senior policy advisor (future documentary filmmaker)
“This course has been a really informative tool in helping shed light on common themes and ingredients that are essential to finding the right career path for me. The modules make you dig deeper into clues we often don’t realize are there. Sarah knows what needs to be asked.”
Fiona Kiernan – urban reforestation worker (future photographer)
“I’m loving the exercises and they’re really forcing me to be more in tune with myself! I think everyone would benefit from them.”
Mackenzie – former travel agent (future business in holistic wellness)
“Careergasm feels as good as it sounds! A weight has been lifted off my shoulders working with Sarah. Before the first session I was lost thinking, “I want to switch industries but have NO IDEA what.” In less than two months I had a complete revelation in both my business and personal life. I’ve never had such clarity.”
Marissa Asperjan – former television sales rep (now a marketing manager)
Be Your Own Career Coach: A Course for Discovering Your Calling will
Reconnect you with your desire.
Help you (finally!) figure out what you want.
Help you move through your fear.
Give you the loving push you need to take action.
Take you from stuck to holy shit I can’t believe I’m doing this!